Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perazzi doubled

Eagle

Perazzi doubled

So much for only having trigger trouble with K-32s.
    It is an MX2000. Doubled twice and then functioned flawlessly.
    Certainly got my attention with the double. Must be a good pattern with 2 oz of shot as there was only dust left.
    Any concerns?
    Probable cause?
    Someone I shoot with commented that I have more gun problems than anyone he has
    ever seen!

Involuntary twitch/flinch???????

Perazzis with leaf springs and bottom barrel selectors (inside the trigger guard) will usually double if the selector is moved while the safety is not engaged. The Perazzi manual states that it is "strictly necessary to put the gun on "safe" before operating the selector tab."

Not following this advice is a frequent cause of Perazzi doubling.

If this is not the case, a mechanical problem may be responsible

Eagle
    Definitely not a flinch.
    Thanks Leonard! I don't remember switching barrels as I had skeet chokes in both barrels. I'll dry fire tonight and see if it does it again.

As already noted, the MX8 action with the barrel selector inside the trigger guard will double if the gun isn't put on safe before changing the barrel selector. I once had my Perazzi double three times in a row at the Nationals on the first station, first bird, of the first day of the main event. Talk about getting your attention! I was shell shocked the rest of the day wondering when I was going to get rocked again.

I took my gun and had Giacomo look at it immediately upon finishing that day's course, and he said nothing was mechanically wrong. I am absolutely certain that I didn't change the barrel selector prior to calling for the first bird. I think what may have happened was when I removed the trigger group for cleaning and oiling prior to going to San Antonio I probably absentmindedly worked the barrel selector back and forth without putting it on safe.

On the other hand, I'd had the gun double on a few other occasions while shooting when I'm absolutely certain I hadn't changed the barrel selector. So, I bit the bullet and got me an MX200S. No more doubling problems.

Eagle
    I'd had the gun double on a few other occasions while shooting when I'm absolutely certain I hadn't changed the barrel selector
    Is this a common issue with MX2000 that have the detachable, selective triggers (ie with the tab behind the trigger)? I ask that as someone who is negotiating the purchase of one.
    Last edited by doverham; August 8th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.
    "Tell me, if you can, of anything that's finer than an evening in camp with a rare old friend and a dog after one's heart." - Nash Buckingham

I've had 4 MX 8's--all w/ drop-out leaf spring triggers. Only one ever doubled and that's b/c I forgot to put the safety on before changing the barrel selector.

Operator error. I have never heard of an MX 2000S nor MX 12 doubling.

Eagle
    Dry fired several times switching barrels without putting it on safe and it did not double in 3 tries.

I don't think that dry firing is a good test for Perazzi doubling. It should be done with real ammunition.