Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eagle
    I have CSMC Model 21 in 16 ga and is one of my favorite pheasant guns. I also have a CSMC Fox XE in 16 ga.
    The Fox is lighter, but I shoot the Model 21 better. However, 2 years ago in So Dak I was blocking and birds started to get up about half down the field. I was shooting the Fox. I ran down to where they were getting up(dogs too far ahead). One got up and I shot it, reloaded and another got up and shot it, reloaded and another got up and I shot that one.
    Birds were now coming out at the end of the field so I ran back to block. Left my hat where I shot 3 birds. After the push, I went back to where my hat was to look for the birds. As I was looking, a bird got up(thought it was a cripple) and shot that one. Four birds with four shots all dead within a 20 yard radius.

I remember hearing a long time ago that Fox went from Krupp to Chromox because of supply issues and anti-German sentiment during WW1.

Eagle
    I've got a 12ga M21 Skeet gun, it's stamped WS1 and WS2 and constrictions are .004" and .014". That is not much different from IC/Mod; the 16ga Winchester barrels I've measured in IC have .004-.005", my Modified 12ga Model 12 barrel has .009".

My M21 16ga is a Trap grade and is choked Mod/Cyl, if I were to get another set of barrels for it they'd be a set of Full/Full or maybe Mod/Full. Maybe they could be stamped Mod/Mod, but either way at least one barrel would have .020"-.025" of constriction.

Dr Duk, sounds like you have the CSMC Fox I'd want or at least close enough to it! Both their Fox and 21 are priced above what I'd expect to see in an original of either, but maybe not too much. To the good is the fact you can order them as you'd like instead of choosing from a very limited selection of originals. Plus, how many times do we wish we could go back in time and order a shotgun from Fox (or Lefever!) so that it'd be available today. Right now we can order a Fox, it's a matter of having the money or at least for me the will to borrow it.
    Bore, n. ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast."

Eagle
    Picking it up at lunch today!

Eagle
    Lunch was quite awhile ago. Where are the pictures????

Eagle
    Ordering a gun today is worth a bunch. Tony is doing something that no one else can do.

Star
    Tomorrow (Friday, 9/2, I will be hunting dusky grouse in the Colorado mountains with my German Shorthair and a restocked Utica Sterlingworth in 16ga. Would you like to join me Dr Duk? I would love to see your CSMC Model 21 in action in the field. PM me if interested.
    Last edited by shinbone; September 27th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Eagle
    I didn't look at who posted this and thought someone else had just ordered a Model 21 20 ga until I opened it and saw it was me. I thought I posted pictures???? Where did they go?
    Anyone want me to post pictures????
    Heck of an invite from shinbone, but I'm taking my new lab on her first duck hunt this weekend.

Star
    Dr Duk - Good luck on your duck hunt and maybe we can catch up some other time for some upland birds.

(I think you posted photos of your beautiful Model 21 in a separate thread, BTW)

Star
    Dr Duk,

I hope you enjoyed your hunt as much as I enjoyed mine:

http://www.uplandjournal.com/cgi-bin...ST;f=2;t=77180