Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: HELP!

Eagle
    According to the great politician Rahm Emmanuel (sp) never let a good crisis go to waste!!
    My 14 YO granddaughter was not getting along with her mother. My wife went down to evaluate the situation.
    She called and said the only solution was to have her move in with us. I kept saying no, I don't want her in my house.
    It was going to happen anyway, so I said I will allow it on one condition, "I get a puppy next spring."
    Already called the breeder and I'm on the list!

I just buried a favorite dog a few days ago. I'm still working through the loss.

Just read a little Gene Hill to her. That'll soften her up plenty.

Worked for me.
    "Chemists make good solutions"

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Duk View Post
    According to the great politician Rahm Emmanuel (sp) never let a good crisis go to waste!!
    My 14 YO granddaughter was not getting along with her mother. My wife went down to evaluate the situation.
    She called and said the only solution was to have her move in with us. I kept saying no, I don't want her in my house.
    It was going to happen anyway, so I said I will allow it on one condition, "I get a puppy next spring."
    Nice work Sir, very nice work!

It's easier to ask for forgivness than permission.

Doc E Casey (RIP) HRCH HR UH Tucker HRCH HR UH Weezle

Eagle
    I agree with sd/mt pga pro. Take the pup home and place it in her arms. If you've been married that long, seems like you could make up a really good lie like, "one of my friends had this litter and the mother died, and this pup was going to be euthanized at the pound if I didn't take it....yada, yada, yada." Of course she won't really believe you but it is 'something' she can latch on to as to why she has to put up with it, etc. Be sure to mention the euthanizing right when she has it in her arms...
    One of the most effective ads I ever saw was in the Glenwood Springs, CO newspaper back in the 1980's. It said, "Free cute cuddly kittens. Come and get them before the Colorado River does." It doesn't matter if you'd really do it, its the perception and they get a great excuse to be self righteous saviors.
    Of course, this is all theoretical. Let us know how it works out so we have a beta test...

Eagle
    Dr,
    No man can live another mans life, saddle and ride your own bronc.
    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Duk View Post
    You are one conniving and manipulative Dr Duk....but you operate on pure brilliance. Love it!

I didn't see when you originally posted, but I've had friends that have been in the same quagmire. I tell 'em just do like me...pull up in the driveway and open the door and a new pup jumps out. Not a lot they can do or say then, especially if you pick it up and hand it to 'em.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by idahonavy View Post
    You are one conniving and manipulative Dr Duk....but you operate on pure brilliance. Love it!

I didn't see when you originally posted, but I've had friends that have been in the same quagmire. I tell 'em just do like me...pull up in the driveway and open the door and a new pup jumps out. Not a lot they can do or say then, especially if you pick it up and hand it to 'em.
    I don't think that would work with her .
    when I asked for a GSP, she said I will divorce you if you get another dog. I think she meant it
    Didn't want to chance it.

Eagle
    Roger That! A fella's gotta know when he's outgunned. But, the move was pure genius on your behalf. I'll store it in my deception library for later use....should the occasion arise.

Eagle
    I had to laugh about the various approaches to getting a new dog.

Five years ago, my setter was getting up in years..about 10 or so. I kept telling my bride that I wanted to get another dog....and I met with a stern "you don't need another dog." My logic failed ( I did well in school and practice law but convincing my wife is different level of challenge).

I made arrangements with a breeder with whom I had experience and bought a pup. On the Saturday morning we were to meet, my wife asked if I was going to the gun club for clays....and I told her the truth, I was going to get a pup. She laughed, said I was not and went to the gym. When she got home, my wife met Annie Oakley who is now 5. Today, the dog would not be for sale at any price.....my wife would divorce me if I sold her. Somehow, these pups seem to worm their ways into the hearts of most folks.

Best of luck to you on a new pup.

Dennis