Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: HELP!

Years ago I had committed to a 7 week old English Setter w the agreement w the owner that if my wife threw an absolute sh_t fit I could bring her back. I then took the dog home and held it up in front of my face in front of my wife and said ( as if it came from the pup) Hi, I'm here for a free home week end trail! of course after two days she wouldn't consider me returning the dog! try it!

Eagle
    Cars and guns are ok? Buy a Ferrari and a Purdey. Leave the receipts on the kitchen table. I think she'll come around on the dog...

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Djsfordgt View Post
    Cars and guns are ok? Buy a Ferrari and a Purdey. Leave the receipts on the kitchen table. I think she'll come around on the dog...
    I just ordered a GradeVI Model 21 O/U
    Porsche Panamera in the garage.
    All I need is my new GSP puppy.
    life has been very good to me!

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Duk View Post
    Dr. Duk, how do you like the Panamera? The Mrs has a '11 Cayenne S and she loves it. I've been looking for a 4 door sedan - leaning towards the Jaguar XJ.
    Ever get the feeling that you've been cheated?

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by SxS Shooter View Post
    Dr. Duk, how do you like the Panamera? The Mrs has a '11 Cayenne S and she loves it. I've been looking for a 4 door sedan - leaning towards the Jaguar XJ.
    I've had 4 911s including 2 turbos. I'm lucky to be alive after the stupid stuff I did,like passing cars at 170MPH.
    Mine is a Panamera 4. It is as I have described, an old guy Porsche. No where near the 911s, but still a very nice car that has adequate acceleration and handles very well. Much tamer ride than the 911s.
    After seeing the accident from the guy on the Fast &Furious, my speed days are over!!!
    i am happy with the Panamera and would buy another one! Test drive one.

Eagle
    It satisfied my need to "I want to go fast" as per Ricky Bobby!

Eagle
    It satisfied my need to "I want to go fast" as per Ricky Bobby!
    Heck ya! The 4 is a nice package. The turbo S comes in at 570 hp.... I see that the new little Macan turbo is at 400 hp - so soccer moms can get the kiddies to their games that much quicker...

Sounds like the F&F accident might have been a break issue - the driver had a Porsche tuning shop just down the street and had just finished having work done on it when he took it out for a "test drive" w/ the actor as his passenger. I guess the actor used to be the owner of the Carrera GT they died in...
    Ever get the feeling that you've been cheated?

Eagle
    The Porsche GTs are very dangerous to drive. With a rear engine and rear wheel drive, they will snap around if going around a curve and let up on the gas. The 911 Turbos have all wheel drive which made it a much safer car for us non-professional drivers. Glad to have owned them, glad to be rid of them. The temptation to drive too fast with 525 horsepower. I opted for the small engine for better gas mileage. The only road trip with it too Denver I got 35 MPG.

Eagle
    UPDATE
    Spoke with the dog trainer and the dog went into heat last week and was bred!!
    Hopefully will have a GSP puppy in Aug and hunt her/him early spring @ a preserve, otherwise next fall!

Yeah, well. You can have a lot of fun (if you have to) with a less-than-fine gun or car. But without a good dog, you're out of luck. Priorities count.