Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eagle

Posting Graphics

Where are the instructions????? *I use to be able to post graphics from my computer. *Now now way.

what's wrong.???????
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Junnie -- Look to the bottom right of the frame that comes up when you go to post, and you should see a box that says "Go Advanced." Click that, and you'll see a broader range of tools come up above the frame.

Post back here if that works or if that's not what you needed.

Ed
    Ed Carroll,
    associate editor, Shooting Sportsman
    editor, Sporting Shot

Eagle
    I do everything required. *The upload goes???? somewhere except the post???????
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

[IMG][/IMG]

Junnie, I've been trying to re- figure how to post photos and until now I was not succeeding. Are your photo's on something like photobucket or stored on your computer? This is a photo I had stored on photobucket. It is from a trial this summer.

I had maybe a minute earlier soaked her with water. Her tail feathering looks better when its dry.

This is a test using "Insert Image" from Quick Reply toolbar.

Yeah, that didn't work, trying to upload an image from my computer. Looked like it was going somewhere, but, not here. I'll get a better answer.
    Ed Carroll,
    editor, Sporting Shot

I'll try the same steps but with a photo that's a much smaller file size:

Nothing doing, again, using "Insert Image."

No attachment either. Webmaster is researching. Anyone else can chime in with their own advice on images . . .

Ed Carroll,
    editor, Sporting Shot

Eagle
    I can generally insert a graphic from photobucket etc. * BUT: *it's another step that I don't want to do.
    That was the beauty of this board,{just insert graphic from computer} * that's great.....

Lets do it again...... *Thanks a million......... Junnie

So now I can use "Insert Image" to put a photo from my computer inline in the body of the message. As a thumbnail.

Name:  Wicket.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  121.6 KB
    Ed Carroll,
    editor, Sporting Shot

Eagle
    The model 42 I was talking about recently.... *anyway to enlarge this graphic???????
    Name:  100377794-9-s.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  34.0 KB

Junnie -- A thumbnail appears, and when you click on it it should pop open to its "native" size. If the file of the image you posted is very small, it's going to be very small here, too.

Let me try another example, this time with a 4.6 MB file:

Name:  ear knot.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  75.9 KB

Not huge when you click on the thumbnail, but high quality. The software may be resizing the image after a certain file size has been reached. But I can't think of any reason that would be applied to your photo unless the file was quite small to begin with.
    Ed Carroll,
    editor, Sporting Shot