Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Spiller/Tapply Parker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Spiller/Tapply Parker

An acquaintance of mine bought the Spiller/Tapply Parker several years ago. It has since changed hands but a friend of mine took some photos of it. Hopefully, you will find this of interest. I did see and handle the gun but didn't have a camera.

Last edited by Tom16ga; November 6th, 2013 at 09:20 PM.

Eagle
    Treasure. I never knew it had a single trigger. Sure looks like the most honest of honest wear. Thanks for posting this! Do you know the year it was built?

Had a chance to handle that gun a couple years ago. Don't believe the owner's name is any secret, unless maybe it's changed hands since--which I highly doubt. Belongs to Morris Baker of RST.

This is NOT the party that owned the gun when I saw it. However, it was sold and Mr. Baker could have been the purchaser. I have no idea when the gun was made but I'm sure that information is available.

First Class
    Thanks for sharing. The stories that old gun could tell!

Eagle
    I wonder what that scattergun weighs, what are the marked chokes and the constrictions, where the balance point is, what is the length of all the forcing cones, weight of the trigger pull, the LOP, the barrels, frame size, has it ever been refinished, is the rumor correct that that particular gun foreshadowed the SKB and most definitely, will it handle pheasant loads and spreaders with equal aplomb.
    Raptors...the excuse for the near-sighted.

Eagle
    I wonder what gauge and barrel length and what the rest of the gun looks like. Does it have any provenance? Such a tease.
    JR
    Eagle Scout Dad x 2

Eagle
    "Burt's Gun" as this gun is known was built in 1934. It's a 20 gauge with 26" barrels and has a dilapidated leather faced pad. Not sure what the chokes are and I doubt very much that they were marked as Parker didn't do that.
    Last edited by gabby; November 5th, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
    gabby

Eagle
    I was curious as to the year because I have a similar gun but mine is quite a bit older.

Eagle
    Leon670, does your gun have the typically seen "PARKER BROS" engraved on each side of the action? Burt's Gun, built during or after Remington's takeover is sans this engraving of the Meriden-built VH grade guns.
    gabby