7/8 oz #6 20 ga load

Since we're talking about guns and ammo in this forum, I'd like to mention a new (to me) load I found at Sportsman's Warehouse a month or so ago.

They had a 7/8 oz load of #6's. In the past, I've only seen 1 oz loads when shot size moves up to #6. This was the first time I've seen #6 at 7/8 oz. They were prices at $6.79 a box, and shotgun ammo was limited to 10 boxes per customer, so I decided to pick up a flat. To my surprise (and pleasure), when the clerk rang me up, she gave me 10% off! It seems that when you buy 10 boxes of the same shotgun ammo, they give a discount. So, I paid about $6.34 per box. I've used it the last three weeks hunting put-and-take pheasant, and it has worked very well for me. If I had it to do over, I would buy it in a heartbeat! It's Remington ammo, btw.
    Last edited by BPGuy; November 10th, 2013 at 07:31 PM.
    The 28 Ga. Society.

Eagle
    I think your math is off a bit.
    gabby

I've seen 7/8 oz loads of 6's for the 20ga quite often. I believe in the "promotional" load category from all of the big 3 ammo makers. Not surprised that it works well on preserve pheasants. Quite a few guys shoot them with 28's. I was doing a story on a preserve that offered very good pheasants; shot a pile of them with a 28 and 3/4 oz 7 reloads.

Quote Originally Posted by gabby View Post
    I think your math is off a bit.
    OK, so I'm not a mathematician. I think you still get the point.
    The 28 Ga. Society.

Eagle
    Gentlemen,
    They also work very well for Grouse and Woodcock, especially in the early season when the leaves are still on the trees.
    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.