First Class

Gunsinternational

Whats going on? I was blocked from the site by Safari on my Mac. Says something about it being a weapons site.

I just used my iphone with Safari and got right on to Gunsinternational.

Eagle
    Just used my ipad with not problem. Keep us informed.

Eagle
    The server you were hooked to probably is programmed to block certain words or sites. I have often encountered such while connected via wifi in hospitals, etc

Eagle
    Gentlemen,
    A server that treats you like a liberal child - How Nice! Might want to get rid of that server real quickly.
    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by 61bhs View Post
    Whats going on? I was blocked from the site by Safari on my Mac. Says something about it being a weapons site.
    No issues on my MacBook Pro via safari or firefox. Nor my iPad or iPhone.

I have OS10.6.8 and I prefer to use Firefox - Safari can be too clunky loading Java.
    Ever get the feeling that you've been cheated?

First Class
    I was hooked up to a UK wifi supplier, O2, in London the other day, sitting quietly having a pint of beer and checking my emails. I decided to look in on here to update myself on the conversations. After I tapped the link in my Favorites list, up pops a page from O2 saying access to the site had been blocked as others nearby me in a public place might find it offensive.

Well, as you might imagine, I certainly found this intrusion deeply offensive. The page had a 'Send us a message' facility, so I jolly well did! What I then found was that access to certain gun related sites was allowed, but not to others, so there was no consistency in this unasked for censorship. I was appalled and deeply upset; we live in a supposedly free democracy after all.

Anyway, I was able to gain access here without moving an inch from my pub table, by the simple expedient of getting out of the wifi and using the normal 3G connection. So fat lot of good it did O2 in the end!

Tim

Eagle
    Flintsteel was correct. My career was as a Chief Information Officer for Fortune 50 companies (Chief Nerd). Many corporations and institutions have a list of web sites that are to be blocked coming through their servers. The blocks can be very specific or can be generic.
    Doug