Eagle

Beretta 28ga Autoloader

I shot a Beretta 28ga autoloader today at a charity event.

It it was a delightful little gun! I expected it to be whippy and have the usual autoloader "busyness" as it cycled. It was neither. For about $1300, I think it will be a delightful fun gun.
    Doug

First Class
    Looking into one of these. How was the LOP?? Is it as long as most Berettas??

Eagle
    Beretta standard dimensions, adjustable via shims between stock and receiver.

First Class
    How much can you take off lop with shims??

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns28 View Post
    How much can you take off lop with shims??
    Nothing. L.o.p is not adjustable on Beretta autos, just cast and drop. I shot one of these last week with the standard dimensions and did fine, and I normally shoot 14 1/2-14 3/4 l.o.p. Neat little gun, but I see zero purpose for it that the light and trim 20 ga. A400 doesn't already fill with a $2-$3/box shell cost savings.
    JR
    Eagle Scout Dad x 2

Eagle
    I hunted quail at Wynfield a few weeks ago and the manager joined us in the field for the afternoon because we had an odd number of hunters. He brought his new Beretta 28 ga. auto with him. I handled it but did not shoot it. If I were inclined to use an auto for quail, that seems like a great choice.
    "Tell me, if you can, of anything that's finer than an evening in camp with a rare old friend and a dog after one's heart." - Nash Buckingham