Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BC Miroku

BC Miroku

No other name or model.
    12 gauge, 28"
    Talk to me, fellas.
    The barrels inside and out are like new!
    Was stuck in a dry closet and forgotten.

[url="http://parkerjamesii.wordpress.com/"]http://parkerjamesii.wordpress.com/[/url]
    [url="http://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com/"]http://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com/[/url]

Re: BC Miroku

Looks like the same gun that used to be imported under the Charles Daly name. If it doesn't say Daly, then some GI probably brought it back from Japan. Or it may have been made for the European market. Other than breaking the occasional spring, those old Miroku/Daly OU's are really nice guns.

Its been said that these guns rival the Brownings that were made in the same factory.

First Class

Never was up on Miroku model numbers ,but this gun was a "copy "of the Browning Lightening. Or rather based on the same design .Does it have coil springs in the forend or flat type?

First Class

Actually, these were available in the US and not necessarily brought over by a GI. I hunted with a guy who bought his from Sears originally. As others have said this is the company Browning went to to build the citori and BSS.

I have a Charles Daly from that period in 20g. It has the same engraving pattern as the gun pictured. It is an
    excellent gun, and does have leaf springs. It feels and handles exactly like a Citori which is pretty good; especially nice in the 20. Mine originally had a very dark finish on the wood which tended to hide some really good figure. We went with a
    lighter stain on the refinish and it came out better than expected. To me they seem to be excellent guns at friendly prices.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Mirokus were ever brought into this country, new, under only their own name. They were brought in under names other than Charles Daly, although the vast majority of them were Dalys. But I just attended a Ruffed Grouse Society banquet at my old chapter, and one of the raffle guns was a side by side I procured for them years ago. Nice little 20ga, marked Miroku--but also marked "Western Field", which was Montgomery Ward's "house brand" back when they were in the gun business. Tried to win that one back and failed.

The early Miroku OU's, from the pre-Citori Charles Daly period, obviously attempted to copy the Browning Superposed externally, although the internals were very different.

Larry--I'm thinking that this one is from 70's or so, and is a copy (if that is the word) of the Lightning.
    It looks like the lightning.
    Once I have it in my hands, I'll be able to take better pictures and look at it carefully.

It would be interesting to know the year and date that Miroku started producing the Citori for Browning. If I ever knew that, I've forgotten it long ago. I think these Mirokus we are discussing may well have been built at the same time they were cranking out Citoris. Correct me if I am wrong on that. Miroku have also sold guns in the UK for a long time under their own name and to British taste rather than American. Pick one up with your eyes closed and you will have a difficult time telling if the piece is Browning or Charles Daly.

Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Cortes
    It would be interesting to know the year and date that Miroku started producing the Citori for Browning. If I ever knew that, I've forgotten it long ago. I think these Mirokus we are discussing may well have been built at the same time they were cranking out Citoris. Correct me if I am wrong on that. Miroku have also sold guns in the UK for a long time under their own name and to British taste rather than American. Pick one up with your eyes closed and you will have a difficult time telling if the piece is Browning or Charles Daly.

For some reason, 1973 comes to mind.