Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Eagle
    Like a lot of folks, I posted more in the past about my hunting experiences but the last couple of years, my wingshooting has seriously declined; so I don't have as many experiences to share and don't want to bore anyone about all my misses. My wife suggested I rejoin a trap league I used to be in, which I'll probably do. I retire next August so I hope to spend more time in the field next Fall. Maybe I'll be able to post more. BTW, my wife told me our poodle pointed two grouse on their walk on Friday and then waited at the trees where they landed. The last two hunts of this past season it seemed the light came on for the dog. Looking forward to spending lots more time working with him in preparation for next Fall
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.

Eagle
    MN Tonester,
    Poodle Pointers take some time to mature and develop, glad to here yours is coming along, great dogs to Grouse hunt behind. Don't give up on your PP these dogs surprise a lot of their owner in the Grouse woods. Tell your wife to take a 28 Gauge Shotgun along with her on her walks, she will find out what that PP is really all about!

RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Quebec Grouser View Post
    It still looks like the idiot Ezzy was still polluting just about every thread with his obvious lack of knowledge..
    Ezzy gave me "das boot" after told him to kiss me where the sun don't shine.

Doc E Casey (RIP) HRCH HR UH Tucker HRCH HR UH Weezle

Eagle
    Doc E,
    You are hoot! He gave you Da boot!
    RGD/Dave

First Class
    When you think about it, maybe it takes a special kind of whacko that desires to monitor an online bulletin board 24/7/365. Talk about not having a life. I'm very surprised that the head honcho's at GDF forum haven't pulled the plug from Ezzy eons ago. You know, to kind of save him from his own stupidity. The paranoid gent at Upland Journal, it looks like he's about to break.About the only participants allowed to run free rein there is the setter check cord kennels out of Minnesota. I've yet to ever see one of the millions of pics they've posted where the dog didn't have a check cord tied to its neck. I've seen where other posters have tried to post pics of their pups and get the post deleted with the claim of "unauthorized puppy selling" even when they weren't even trying to sell the dang dog. Oh well, I probably will put those two sites on ignore for another six months or so, wonder if they'll still be around then? Norm St. Clairps. No, Crazy Horse, I ain't signed up nor would ever give that "site" any hard earned cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Quebec Grouser View Post
    When you think about it, maybe it takes a special kind of whacko that desires to monitor an online bulletin board 24/7/365. Talk about not having a life. I'm very surprised that the head honcho's at GDF forum haven't pulled the plug from Ezzy eons ago. You know, to kind of save him from his own stupidity. The paranoid gent at Upland Journal, it looks like he's about to break.About the only participants allowed to run free rein there is the setter check cord kennels out of Minnesota. I've yet to ever see one of the millions of pics they've posted where the dog didn't have a check cord tied to its neck. I've seen where other posters have tried to post pics of their pups and get the post deleted with the claim of "unauthorized puppy selling" even when they weren't even trying to sell the dang dog. Oh well, I probably will put those two sites on ignore for another six months or so, wonder if they'll still be around then? Norm St. Clairps. No, Crazy Horse, I ain't signed up nor would ever give that "site" any hard earned cash.
    Well Quebec, I must say I don't know where you get your info from, because obviously you don't view UJ very much. Your statements are about as false as the news these days, and anyone taking your word is being deceived. Clearly if you don't like Upland Journal just don't go there. Believe me, no one is going to miss a troll such as you.

There are some very dedicated Grouse hunters on that site and if someone from this sight hasn't been there it just might be worth their time to have a look for themselves. Everyone there is well behaved. The moderator does an excellent job of keeping it that way, and folks such as yourself who want to bad mouth others will most certainly be given a warning. Thankfully the moderator doesn't put up with any BS and most folks consider that a real plus.

In fact, contrary to your thoughts, UJ is doing quite well, visitors as well as financial. Better than this site. Now I do like this forum, but it is in no way equal the UJ. There are some very good people on this site and I like their thoughts, advice, and knowledge. That does not include you. .

Trolls such as yourself belong under a rock.
    TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions.

Eagle
    Crazy Horse 7/3,
    Not everyone agrees with you buddy, he has a right to his own opinion. Don't know if QC is a Troll, however each sportsman should decide for himself where to participate, and judge the quality of the forums on an individual basis.
    RGD/Dave

First Class
    Whoa there Crazy Horse my Yank friend! Troll? What's that~ a critter that lives under a bridge? Other than signing up for this site, I don't belong to any other forums and just occasionally lurk them, mostly when I'm bored out of my gourd. Normally you can find me following a pair of EB's through the woods. I'd post pics if I knew how to.Pal, I've simply stated an observation on the 2 to 3 forums mentioned. As long as these sites stay open for the world to see, I'll keep peeking in on occasion. My observation is that they've gone severely down hill the past few years. Facebook, maybe? I also am seeing more paranoid dictator like maneuvers by the Mods at those sites, which, with the falling numbers of participants, seems to work against keeping good posters and attracting new ones. It's their sites, I guess, they can rule like the 3rd Reich if that's what they want to do, but then they shouldn't be whining and begging for contributions. It does look like each site does retain a token number of arse kissers to please the Gods~that probably keeps them on the still going sideI am so sad that you don't include me when you seek thoughts, advice and knowledge. Yet, here you are creating dialogue with me. Now, would someone tell me about the Large Munsterlander breed! Norm St. Clair

Eagle
    I sit deep within the tall grass in order to see.

First Class
    well, I have a bunch of hunting photos to post but, HOW DO YOU DO IT?