Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryman Gun Dog View Post
    Crazy Horse 7/3,
    Not everyone agrees with you buddy, he has a right to his own opinion. Don't know if QC is a Troll, however each sportsman should decide for himself where to participate, and judge the quality of the forums on an individual basis.
    RGD/Dave
    Dave, re-read my post, as I believe I invited folks to view UJ and see for themselves. Just sayin......
    TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Quebec Grouser View Post
    Whoa there Crazy Horse my Yank friend! Troll? What's that~ a critter that lives under a bridge? Other than signing up for this site, I don't belong to any other forums and just occasionally lurk them, mostly when I'm bored out of my gourd. Normally you can find me following a pair of EB's through the woods. I'd post pics if I knew how to.Pal, I've simply stated an observation on the 2 to 3 forums mentioned. As long as these sites stay open for the world to see, I'll keep peeking in on occasion. My observation is that they've gone severely down hill the past few years. Facebook, maybe? I also am seeing more paranoid dictator like maneuvers by the Mods at those sites, which, with the falling numbers of participants, seems to work against keeping good posters and attracting new ones. It's their sites, I guess, they can rule like the 3rd Reich if that's what they want to do, but then they shouldn't be whining and begging for contributions. It does look like each site does retain a token number of arse kissers to please the Gods~that probably keeps them on the still going sideI am so sad that you don't include me when you seek thoughts, advice and knowledge. Yet, here you are creating dialogue with me. Now, would someone tell me about the Large Munsterlander breed! Norm St. Clair
    I'll stand by my previous post. Others might have a look at UJ and decide for themselves.
    TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions.

First Class
    If it makes you feel better, Crazy Horse, the blogs suck TOO. If you want to be honest, stroll back in time, 3 to 4 years ago. The bird hunting sites were doing well, pretty good and knowledgeable hunters participating. Now, most are gone and what's left is mainly off topic posts and punch drunk Mods trying to control their shrinking minion.Just my opinion on the sites, Crazy Horse you are welcome to yours. Norm St. ClairI'm done with this thread, I'd love to talk dogs and hunting and would love to share pics. Do you have to use a flickr account or something?

I have to say the I enjoy the UJ board. Also, the moderator does keep things civil.
    Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk

Eagle
    Enforced rules of civility is what keeps a BBS going. So many of the various forums just turn into ugly brawls.

Eagle
    dam16sxs,
    I agree there must be uniformly enforced rules if you want to have a sporting forum today. However a lot of the time the moderators of these forums become part of the dominant Click (clique). Further nobody limits my freedom of speaking about Politics or Religion, and many of these forums have decided to do so. If you like somebody telling you what you are allowed to talk about, that is your choice. However I have spilled my own blood so all Americans can speak freely about any subject they please, as long as it is done in a respectful manner. I often think of the scene in the move Tall in the Saddle, where Wayne explains to Gabby that we need laws, Gabby tells Wayne, son that all depends on who is enforcing the law. Some of these forums have big problems of their own, when it comes to enforcing the rules on an equal basis. This often happens because these forums need to be sponsored by certain businesses to remain up and running. Getting on the wrong side of one of these sponsors or actually competing with them, can get you das boot as one of our SSBB members puts it. SSBB fortunately for the most part, is stable enough to run their BB without these business pressures. I just reordered my SS Magazine, you might consider doing the same, I am sure Ralph appreciates it.
    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Grouser -- Posting photos here has been an on-again off-again technological challenge and frustration. I will try to post definitive instructions over the weekend.

Ed Carroll,
    associate editor, Shooting Sportsman

Eagle
    Eddie: I would be nice to drag and drop from ones own computer desk top......
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Eagle
    I SECOND THAT....please?

Eagle
    Ed,
    Being able to once again come directly from our own computers, instead of having to use Photo Bucket would definitely be a big technical step up, good luck with your formatting.

RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.