Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Eagle
    Is that you in the photo? Where's your tweed jacket?

How posting a shot of you al dolled up?

Eagle
    I rode trains many times with my father as a youngster. He was a Officer of the Railroad and always wore suit, tie and mandatory hat. Sharp as a tack... Fond memories. Chicago depot was my favorite, traveled the Old Penn, New York, and Washington D.C. depots, truly land marks and great architecture. Forgot the Kansas City depot another great station.

We still travel by rail. Book a bedroom and travel from Omaha to New York City.. Grand trip. Restful and easy going.

Thanks for the memories....

P.S. Your killing me Moonshine......

RGD: Yes indeed, a couple of beauties....
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Eagle
    Moonshine,
    I wish you would quit showing pictures of you an your buddy, the camera is not friendly to you girls what so ever.

Junnie,
    I still ride the rails even today, especially the evening dinning train ride, just out side of Wellsboro, Pa. A serious nice ride. The train goes right thru some of our Pa State Game Lands. We also watch the 4th of July fire works from the train, real nice times.
    Our last long ride on the rails was from Washington DC to Slidell, LA. My Father worked his entire life for the Union Switch And Signal and road the rails until the day he passed away. His contacts with the railroads made him many friendships thru out the country. Some of his friends were very wealthy and owned their now Executive Rail Cars, man what a way to travel.

RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Eagle
    I'm thinking Larry Brown would look good with shirt, tie and breeches, perhaps a snazzy hat...
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Eagle
    I've only ridden the rails once in my life. I worked for Republic Steel Lakes Fleet on the ore boat Tom M. Girdler. We laid up in South Chicago (an early layup) just before Thanksgiving, 1971. I had never flown or ridden on a train so I took my travel pay and flew to visit friends in the Twin Cities and then took the train from Minneapolis to Kalamazoo, MI to join family there. I took the Burlington Northern to Chicago and transferred to Penn Central from Chicago to Kalamazoo. The BN was clean and comfortable and provided a very enjoyable first railroad experience. At the time, the Penn Central was in major decline heading into bankruptcy and the train was dirty and that was the only memory I had of that leg of the trip.
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryman Gun Dog View Post
    Moonshine,
    I wish you would quit showing pictures of you an your buddy, RGD/Dave
    I deeply apologize. I forgot that when you sent me that last year - for which I am forever grateful - I promised I never would show it to anyone. Please forgive me.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Junnie View Post
    I'm thinking Larry Brown would look good with shirt, tie and breeches, perhaps a snazzy hat...
    You can bet on it.

Eagle
    Wonderful..... I'm sure Larry would look magnificent in tattersall, silk tie and snappy hat.
    Drinking 20 year old Scotch Whiskey.....

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    You can bet on it.

Eagle
    Junnie,
    Great picture sire, great picture.
    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Eagle
    Flashy performers that run remarkably well in short heats, but fail to show staying qualities when continued at work for over an hour, are then shown up under their true colors, and the revelations prove a safeguard to the interest of the field dog.

An ideal field trial performer must possess great speed, so that he may cover a large amount of territory in the short space of time allotted for competition. This refers to celerity of action when working on either body scent or foot scent, as well as when ranging. Superior speed exhibieed in field trial competition enables a dog to outfoot his rival, thus giving him the outside course, whereby he is enabled to reach the likely spots for birds in advance of his competitor. Furthermore, long-sustained speed is a sure sign of ambition, and is synonymous with courage.

Bird sense is one of the most desirable attributes of the field trial dog. Many consider it an instinctive quality, but in reality, it is due to the exercising of the dog's mentality or intelligence, hence, bird sense is synonymous with brains. It cannot be possessed in too high a degree of perfection by the ideal field trial dog, and this virtue should be the chief desideratum in selecting dams. The possession of this quality enables a dog to apply his inherited instincts and natural qualities to the best possible advantage when he is searching for game.

Style, a quality peculiar to the dog that is animated and graceful in his way of going, and often spectacular in his attitudes on point or when working