Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For Notre Dame, for peace.

"Chemists make good solutions"

Eagle
    WOW! That's some beautiful stained glass in that second pic!
    Ever get the feeling that you've been cheated?

Eagle
    I was just there last year! There's another smaller Cathedral within walking distance that pre-date ND that has wall-to-wall stain glass windows. Incredibly beautiful.

Another disturbing story. When is the world going to come together and say, "Enough is Enough"?
    "My favorite word is 'The Word'." - Nancy Pelosi

We attended mass there Saturday.
    There are few places on earth that can move a man to tears unexpectedly.
    Notre Dame is one.

I photoed all the glass while each panel was backlit.

I knew from the soldiers outside that it was a target, but today's events outside the church kind of ruined my sharing of the albums.
    I was hoping to put it up in General.
    Here's a further taste. And Job's thanks for the end of his torments.

Eagle
    There's a side alter in ND that when the sun shines through the stained glass the muriel behind the altar dances... almost looks like colored fire. I have a picture of it.

Eagle
    Paris is really beautiful, more so if you visit there with someone you love. A friend just came back and said it is not the same because of all the security personnel on every street corner. I happen to like French military personnel. They are a lot tougher then people like to think. I know Paris gets a lot of flack but I've always been treated well there even though my French is terrible. Notre Dame is the only church that is so beautiful that I wish they would cut down the trees so it could be seen better. Paris is definitely a bucket list item. It's on my list and I've been there several times.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Eagle
    I've been all over the world and lived in both London and NYC.... Paris is my favorite city. Just love it.

JPll for emphasis on my request for peace.

The level of detail in the stone carvings there is a world treasure.

It's obvious why terrorists have it in their sights.

If people play nice, I'll walk you around it. Inside and outside.

Eagle
    We're good boys!

Eagle
    London and Paris are sort of bookends for me. First visits to each were in 1950; most recent visits were last year, 66 years later. Lots of changes...

Have my fingers crossed, along with many U K friends, for Mrs May's election this week. Governmentally, France has always been a lost cause.

I'm quite happy with my memories and have never settled on a favorite spot other than our small home town.

Next week or so, I'll add a new one - Tucson, which I'll visit both now and again for Thanksgiving. Planning on shooting sporting clays on both visits, tuning up for other shoots in October, December, and January, maybe March also.