Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Eagle

Watching the Comey Hearing Live

I'm watching the Comey hearing live on C-Span. Will give impressions at its conclusion. Thus far I'm very surprised at the line of questioning from Rep. Burr. Softball questions.

Current line of questioning is around Trump's request for "loyalty". Again, a big giant "nothing burger". There is no crime here! All hearsay and opinion from Comey. How he's feeling about this or that. Nothing is evidentiary. The media will jump on this emotional testimony, but again, there's nothing here. I can't believe Burr didn't bring up Comey's May 3rd testimony.

Over the last six months here is a list of Democrats talking points related to the Russia story:

First: "Collusion" - nothing there, so move on to #2.
    Second: "Obstruction" - hmmm, no evidence there. See May 3rd testimony.
    Third: "Abuse of Power" - So lets follow the logic. In yesterday's testimony of leaders of intelligence agencies, none of them said they felt pressured to do anything unethical or illegal by any member of the Trump administration and Comey says he never felt pressured to stop the investigation, I'm struggling to find the abuse of power charge!

Again... where's the beef? This testimony by Comey is a reversal of things he's said under oath before. This is nothing more than this man's opinions of conversations post firing. Again this will make interesting fodder for CNN and left wing news outlets, but there's nothing criminal here.

WTF, not a single Senator is holding Comey accountable for what he said on May 3rd. This is all moot given those former statements that he never felt pressure to stop the investigation.

Regarding his infamous memo. Susan Collins establishes Comey had never written a memo in prior meetings with two previous presidents.
    Comey: "A gut feeling."

Really, a gut feeling?

Blunt is doing a fairly good job of calling Comey's judgement into question, which is the primary reason why Trump fired Comey. This guy (Comey) is full of Buffalo chips! He's clearly changing his tune after his May 3rd testimony. It's also clear that Comey himself is a Leaker, when he gave his infamous memo to a "friend".

During the Jack Reed questioning, Comey is directly reversing his May 3rd testimony, where the former FBI Director stated unequivocally that he never felt pressured to stop the investigation. This is a stunning reversal that NO Republican Senator is picking up on. WTF is going on here? This guy (Comey) is grandstanding and directly contradicting earlier testimony. He should not be allowed to get away with this change in story.
    Last edited by DawgByte; June 8th, 2017 at 12:42 PM.
    "My favorite word is 'The Word'." - Nancy Pelosi

Eagle
    OMG!!! Now we know why Trump didn't assert Executive Privilege! Comey is coming across as a weak minded fool!
    Ever get the feeling that you've been cheated?

Eagle
    DawgByte, would you like fries w/ your Nothing Burger?

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by SxS Shooter View Post
    DawgByte, would you like fries w/ your Nothing Burger?
    ... and a chocolate shake!

Eagle
    Damn is McCain old. He's slower than a slug.

One thing is crystal clear coming out of this hearing. We are not being served well by these representatives. If our Founding Fathers could watch this and make commentary I'm pretty sure they'd all lambast these fools in the Senate. This is a pathetic waste of time. Comey's testimony hasn't brought any new information to light and certainly has not identified any smoking gun.

Eagle
    Oh Loretta!

Comey said the former Attorney General Loretta Lynch told him to call the Hillary Clinton email investigation a "matter" instead of "an investigation." That "confused me and concerned me."

"The attorney general was looking to align campaign language with our language, which... gave me a queasy feeling."

Eagle
    CNN issues correction after Comey statement contradicts reporting
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...icts-reporting

No corrections from the NY Times yet.... But I wouldn't hold my breath...

Eagle
    One last thing. I honestly do not believe Trump was involved in any collusion or obstruction related to Russia's involvement in the election and the subsequent investigation. Is Trump blameless in this whole mess? No. His Tweets and public statements regarding this issue are ill-advised, but not illegal or rises to the level of impeachment. However, this will not stop the Democrats.

Lastly, the most explosive thing to come out of this hearing is Comey's admittance that he himself is the source of the memo leak. Comey admitted he leaked the memo to a friend an effort to get this story out in the press and to influence legislators into hiring a "Special Council" to investigate this matter. He was waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of bounds in making such a decision, just like he was with in his July 2016 press conference on the Hillary Clinton email scandal. There should be absolutely NO doubt in anyone's mind why Trump fired Comey. The former FBI Director has demonstrated a track record of making very poor professional decisions and today's reversal of previous testimony should call into question the competency of the former Director.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    One last thing. I honestly do not believe Trump was involved in any collusion or obstruction related to Russia's involvement in the election and the subsequent investigation. Is Trump blameless in this whole mess? No. His Tweets and public statements regarding this issue are ill-advised, but not illegal or rises to the level of impeachment. However, this will not stop the Democrats.

Lastly, the most explosive thing to come out of this hearing is Comey's admittance that he himself is the source of the memo leak. Comey admitted he leaked the memo to a friend an effort to get this story out in the press and to influence legislators into hiring a "Special Council" to investigate this matter. He was waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of bounds in making such a decision, just like he was with in his July 2016 press conference on the Hillary Clinton email scandal. There should be absolutely NO doubt in anyone's mind why Trump fired Comey. The former FBI Director has demonstrated a track record of making very poor professional decisions and today's reversal of previous testimony should call into question the competency of the former Director.
    Is Comey's leaking of that memo to a friend a violation of the Espionage Act?

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by SxS Shooter View Post
    Is Comey's leaking of that memo to a friend a violation of the Espionage Act?
    I think he's opened a can of worms that will certainly be investigated by the intelligence committee. The fact he is a leaker warrants a criminal investigation. Democrats and their media sycophants have just shot themselves in the foot thinking/hoping Comey would bring down the President. In reality, their star witness has just opened himself to not only a leaking investigation, but perjury as well. Today's testimony completely contradicts what he said on May 3rd. This guy is a liar!