Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company

Dick, if I pay $4K for a gun, up front, and am told to expect delivery in March . . . then I should also be told, without my asking, if the delivery date slips to July or August. I think that's a reasonable expectation, and even RBL fans have so stated. That's not a negative on the GUNS. In fact, based on the CSMC Foxes I've seen, if I had $20K I wanted to spend on a gun, one of those would get very serious consideration.

Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Leon670
    I made the comment because others had implied that CSMCs' customer service was a function of the high price of the guns.
    No one has mentioned price and the implied treatment one would get because of it but you, Leon. Troop's obvious point was that a gun as finely made as a CSM Fox requires a highly trained and capable craftsman/gunsmith to take apart, inspect, remedy whatever the problem is, and then carefully re-assemble and test fire for proper function.

In an operation like CSM, that type of service costs the company time and money to a much greater extent than something as pedestrian as a common Ruger's repair does in relation to their operations. He appreciated the fact that they did it for no charge and did it fast. In other words, he was offering kudos for their effort. Why cast aspersions on his testimonial?
    JR
    Eagle Scout Dad x 2

Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by John Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon670
    I made the comment because others had implied that CSMCs' customer service was a function of the high price of the guns.
    No one has mentioned price and the implied treatment one would get because of it but you, Leon.

Read the third and fourth post in this thread, John.
    I was not casting aspersions, only expressing my doubts that
    a gunmaker would only stand behind their product if it was sold for a near stratospheric price. I used Ruger as an example. I am not criticizing CSMCs customer service. I just don't think it's all that amazing that they have good customer service nor am I surprised.
    As for the cost of repairing a gun of such high quality, I don't think that should be the customers' problem, especially on a new gun.
    They shouldn't have charged him anything.

Eagle

@John Roberts,

Good point about the fast turn around. Considering the thing had to go from Oregon to Connecticut after the thing was received and placed into the "to do" repair bin.......a week and a half is an excedingly fast turn around, which basically caused me to be starkly impressed.

The gun would not work, it just could not be recocked.

Perhaps the real statement is CSMC just does the best they can for their customers.

I manufacture things that no one else does. Changes, and new products always chew up time and bugs that need to be dealt with.

It is sort of like CSMC, is a 100,000 time as many changes and new items to their offerings.

Anytime you start coming out with new offerings, things happen and dissapointments/delays just have to be dealt with and they all throw wrenches into the timelines. So for all you guys that have had to withstand delays in the arrival of your expected guns.....just give them a break and realize how many things that a company like CSMC has to deal with and situations that need to be solved etc.

Find some sort of comfort in the idea, that no one is throwing handgrenades at you, and it is not like you have to crawl wounded and sick toward some impossible, deadly situation, that nobody will ever appreciate or know about. Hell you only reveal how rediculous you are when you whine about little annoyances. People out here are abt to jump to the hilarious conclusion, that if you get upset about little things, what the hell good would you be if you had really dealt with matters of grave concern?

Have a great day and appreciate the opportunity to go out there and walk the ground with gun in hand and beautiful creatures to see and admire it all.

troop
    justice is random, but my heros have always been old war marines and smokejumpers.

Eagle

I'm glad you got it fixed, Troop.
    Sorry I turned your post south.

Eagle

Everyone has an opinion on CSMC, mostly positive. While I am very happy with my experiences with them, it can't be denied that they should have done a better job of communication with late orders.
    I think this is more a systemic problem than an outright slight. E-mail updates would be a great solution.
    For those who hung in there and didn't cancel orders, they were amply rewarded with great guns.

Harping on the RBL delivery dates at this point is like beating a dead horse.

I just had my 16ga RBL repaired......it was back in my hands in 8 days! No charge!

The products speak for themselves.....CSMC is an American success story.
    Capt. O. J. Chartrand, Jr.
    “The difference between mere killing and a glorious sport is the manner in which you do it – over thrilling dogs, in magnificent country and with a near-reverence for the game." by GBE

Eagle

I wanted an RBL before I wanted, bought, waited for and received my A10. Now I want one again... One of these days.

Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by UplandGuide
    I just had my 16ga RBL repaired......And how many thousands of rounds have you put through that 16ga?
    The products speak for themselves.....I believe you're right!

Eagle

FWIW...I had a similar problem with my RBL 28. Called CSMC, had a nice conversation, got some adivce about what the problem might be, and instead of sending it to them I got with a local 'smith and we took the stock off and fixed the gun. As was suggested to me by CSMC, that it was likely a small piece of wood - not the suggested gun powder problem in the original post - we found a tiny piece of wood that had jammed in the trigger. Simple fix, happy customer.

Jim