Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: HELP!

Eagle
    At the Longthorne website, there are a number of reviews and photos to be see - http://www.longthorneguns.com/gunroom/

I'm not sure I would have chosen "arrogant" as the descriptive word for the wood fit on the gun pictured above, but if one looks closely one can see an obvious gap.

In other photos, I actually saw more proud wood than ill-fitting wood. However, whilst proud wood is often looked down upon here in the States, it's not considered the same in the UK or on the Continent. A matter of taste.

I did see at least one other instance of a gap. Given the background of the principals in this fairly new business, this surprises me. I suspect this shortcoming will soon be eliminated as it is brought to their attention.

Overall, a good looking gun, for the care that goes into it, not overpriced in its market - just one man's opinion.

Longthorne wood to metal appears ok to me, if were one mine.....I would hope to soon have several different scratches in the wood which would be wider and deeper than any fit issue.

Looking at each offered grade, I would only note that each is waaay to shiny for my tastes.
    Do not forget pumpkin!

Eagle
    Picture says it all!
    How is the fit and finish on this One?
    IMG_1014 by Patty Mjos, on Flickr
    Last edited by Dr Duk; April 4th, 2017 at 02:50 PM.

Eagle
    Dr Duk,
    Looks like a war zone injury, hope you heal up quick.
    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Eagle
    WHOA! that is some serious stitching. does your doc also do boot repair. best wishes on your healing
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Duk View Post
    Picture says it all!
    How is the fit and finish on this One?
    IMG_1014 by Patty Mjos, on Flickr
    Finally out of walking cast and start physical therapy. I was able to walk to the fridge and back and gained 15 lbs!
    Said it will be 3-4 months to get back to normal activities. Also started diet!!��

The surgeon sure did pull those sutures tight! Should have had the intern do the needle work. They tend to do a better job so as to impress the surgeon. ;~)
    TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Horse 7/3 View Post
    The surgeon sure did pull those sutures tight! Should have had the intern do the needle work. They tend to do a better job so as to impress the surgeon. ;~)
    They evert the edges in minimize scaring.

Eagle
    Walked 2 miles today! Took my old GSP (almost 14) with me.
    We are both pretty slow! Happy to be a little mobile! Lost 7 lbs last week, still along way to go!