Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 80 of 80
  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryman Gun Dog View Post
    Dave Noell,
    Would you boot him out of your home or business, if he came in and insulted everyone there. I am talking about subject matter as to freedom of expression and speech, not the right to freely insult and disrespect. You and Moonshine both twist the meaning to suit your own agenda.

    Here is a man who just insulted and disrespected the entire SSBB and it's entire membership and you defend him. This is just another example of how these forums have degraded. I do not know this man personally, it maybe that you both do. People seem not use proper manners and civility and believe they can personally insult individuals and businesses, because they sit hidden behind a key board. This is just another prime example of it.

    I would not disagree with Ralph if he eliminated his participation on the SSBB, for undermining the SSBB business.RGD/Dave
    I did not feel insulted. What I took from his post is that there is little content posted here that interests him. He also made a comment about the level of discourse holding no appeal to him.

    From what I recall from when he did post occasionally was that his posts were most often thought provoking. His life's experience is far different than mine and his posts prodded me to look at something from another angle. That really is about the best you could ask of a board such as this one.
    Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk

  2. #72
    Eagle
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Endless Mountains of Pa
    Posts
    4,001
    Dave Noell,
    Your interpretation of his post is quite different than mine, if you interpenetrated his post in this manner I can understand your view point also. What I saw was a man undermining the Shooting Sportsman business.

    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

  3. #73
    Eagle
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NE MN
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Junnie View Post

    I still like the the Hunting and Dogs, but also most of the subjects have been covered thoroughly and I'm just not interested in going over the same old thing over and over again.

    It was the Field Trialers vs. Non - Trialers vs. the Shoot to Retrieve vs. Steady to Flush and Shot vs. Non - Steady. It was interesting and some heated debates. And of course the American Field Trialers vs. AKC Trialers, Long Tails vs. Continental Breeds vs. Pointing Labradors. Most of us were and probably still Kennel Blind.

    Now we have all sorts of exotic breeds, Labra this and Doodle that.. Non of which are recognized by American Field.

    In summary: Politics is sometimes fun, BUT non of us will change the others ideology or mind set. Plus who knows what to believe, so much fake news it's pathetic.

    Thank you in advance: Junnie
    It is the hunting dogs and hunting that brought me to these sites. The politics cover the in-between times. Much as I disagree with a few of the posters here, I still read their comments - just for that rare occasion when I find something we can agree on. Plus, there are a number of gentlemen here who are quite knowledgeable in various facets of firearms, dogs, and hunting; and have some very interesting (to me) tales to tell. There are any number of gentlemen on this forum who I would some day enjoy spending a day or two in the field with
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

    You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.

  4. #74
    Eagle
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Way south of the Ohio River...
    Posts
    1,189
    Dave and I said the same thing, just differently.

  5. #75
    Eagle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    79
    FB has a lot going for it, user friendly , easier to post pictures etc etc
    I belong to a few closed groups on this subject , which work very well.
    I wish some of the nice and knowledgeable guys here, would join or form a SS closed group.

  6. #76
    Eagle
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Way south of the Ohio River...
    Posts
    1,189
    Give it a try...

  7. #77
    Eagle
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by IP Daily View Post
    Grouse - interesting observation. In my own case I tend to feel that the things that I do: teach alpine skiing full-time in winter, teach and guide on rivers in summer (I am an examiner in WW kayaking), fly fish, ride my bike 15 hours a week, upland hunting, etc. - all of that is just as real to me if I don't share it on social. Plus, we live in Durango which is filled with a freakish number of world-class athletes - you have to up your game to play here.

    I check into SSM BB occasionally. Web surfing, for me at least, is an exercise that I take on when I am procrastinating from doing real work (like now). But really I have little in common with most here. I am active on UJ, Mountain Buzz and Epicski. SSM BB holds no attraction for me. Too much dick wagging and too many fragile egos by the few who still live here and not enough exchange of good ideas and helping your fellow human expand their knowledge base.
    I guess I don't see this as being a harsh criticism of the board, rather just a man who has a lot of interests and activities in his life, with web surfing not really being one of them. The fact he's not particularly interested in this board, and explains why, can be taken as harsh criticism of some of the members, or as constructive criticism of what might make the board better. I, too, can occasionally get sucked into the political discussion, but have no illusions of changing anyone's mind. It's simply banter, I won't be changed, neither will you. It sounds like if there were more good, honest discussion of bird hunting, guns, and dog work or training, something educational, he would have more interest. That realistically probably applies to all of us. There is nothing there that would justify being removed in my opinion.
    I live in an area similar to Durango, in fact I was in Durango a few weeks ago, and with all the outdoor activities available, I wouldn't and don't put a priority on web surfing either. I enjoy many of these same outdoor activites, and while I enjoy checking in here dialy, it would be fun to have more activity on hunting activites, dog work, etc.. That's just my 2 cents.

  8. #78
    Eagle
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Endless Mountains of Pa
    Posts
    4,001
    47,
    There are a few of us who try to make time to participate here on the SSBB on a daily basis when possible, sometimes however it is not possible because of our businesses. I definitely am not a web suffer, only belong to a couple forums. I do however like to have honest civil educated discussions about guns, bird hunting, and gun dogs, along with Fly Fishing and Sporting art work. I definitely agree less personal attacks and more civil discussions would be nice.
    RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

  9. #79
    Eagle
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NE MN
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryman Gun Dog View Post
    47,
    I definitely am not a web suffer, only belong to a couple forums. I do however like to have honest civil educated discussions about guns, bird hunting, and gun dogs, along with Fly Fishing and Sporting art work. I definitely agree less personal attacks and more civil discussions would be nice. RGD/Dave
    This is one of the sites I regularly visit (along with UJ, GunDogForum, and NotSSM). The common thread in all of them are gun dogs and guns (mainly shotguns). There are folks on each of these forums whose posts I look forward to each day or whenever they happen to post, such as RGD and a few others
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

    You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.

  10. #80
    Eagle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
    Give it a try...

    no, not me. Shooting Sportsman, should head in that direction. I would follow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •