Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Eagle
    Thank you. Now, I believe I understand your intentions of what you tried to convey.

Acceptance can be a mysterious thing.

Far from being a liar, for what seemed to you as good and valid reasons, you have changed your mind. Why not?

To me, a "lie" is a deliberate and malicious attempt to deceive someone. By that definition, you are as far as one can be from being a liar.

I very much appreciate your willingness to clear things up for me.

RIP.

Eagle
    I'm thinking there is something being lost in the translation because of semantics. My dogs past and present are bird dogs and house pets. Had any of them not performed in the field, they would have remained house pets. However, they have been eager to perform what their genetics and ancestry bid them to do, to hunt for prey and work with their master. They seem to derive as much enjoyment from that as I do getting them to places that allow them to do just that. Pets have personalities - especially a dog (IMO). Dave mentioned horses. I'm guessing people who own horses observe that they too have personalities that help bind them to their owner. I don't know that I'd ever be without a dog as long as my mind still functions
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by thornton View Post
    *If one never had a Golden Delicious, would they know the taste?
    Please, please tell me that a Golden Delicious is better than the run of the mill Red Delicious apple.
    Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Noell View Post
    Please, please tell me that a Golden Delicious is better than the run of the mill Red Delicious apple.
    Live from Scotland:

As I grow both, I find them nasty.
    Decorative, photogenic, Yes.
    Tasty? No. Dull, pulpy, grainy, with a waxy skin and aftertaste.
    Bitter tasting if picked even the slightest bit early. Dry and pulpy if eaten even the slightest bit late, or dehydrated.

But, because of their skin, they keep, and are quite tough for transport.
    There are hundreds of apples that will grow at almost any latitude.

Thankfully, there is at least 10 varieties available year round, and nationwide, that every person can find suited to their tastes.
    For me, a fresh MacIntosh is about as simple an eating apple as can be found.

I wish people would delete the word liar from their vocabulary.
    "Chemists make good solutions"

Eagle
    Goodbye circus animals. I never liked zoo's as a children not fond of circus, you can tell by looking at the animals face that not happy, many elephants go berserk after years of captivitiy, then end up shot as wild crazy animals.

Canine are wired completely differently, they want to bond with man, need a pack leader.

I'm overjoyed no more circus trained animals who have no idea what there role in life is, pathetic and sad.

Apples: Talking to a local grocery owner: I asked how can these apples say product of USA and are being sold last month ins stores?? He reported the fruit is kept in refrigerated units and treated with some type of gas.

I prefer fresh apples picked in October perhaps November, can't wait to make some FRESH strudel with creme fresh.
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg T. View Post
    Live from Scotland:

As I grow both, I find them nasty.
    Decorative, photogenic, Yes.
    Tasty? No. Dull, pulpy, grainy, with a waxy skin and aftertaste.
    Bitter tasting if picked even the slightest bit early. Dry and pulpy if eaten even the slightest bit late, or dehydrated.

But, because of their skin, they keep, and are quite tough for transport.
    There are hundreds of apples that will grow at almost any latitude.

Thankfully, there is at least 10 varieties available year round, and nationwide, that every person can find suited to their tastes.
    For me, a fresh MacIntosh is about as simple an eating apple as can be found.

I wish people would delete the word liar from their vocabulary.

Remember: 4 & 5 Star restaurants, you won't regret. Eat hearty and drink plentiful, enjoy.
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Eagle
    in Jan of 1970 i first saw the Ringling Bros Circus where it opened at the Bayfront Arena in St Petersburg FL.

Goebel Gunther-Williams came roaring into the arena at full speed standing on the back of an African Elephant with a tiger on a chain. it was one of the most amazing feats of animal training i have ever seen. his methods were all positive and a complete reversal of the old whip and chair methods of the past.

those kinds of live performances were destined to become obsolete. i think kids today would rather go to the mall and tweet each other than appreciate the years of hard work and dedication that goes into the circus performances.

Eagle
    dogs are mans best friend as the old saying goes. we learned to hunt cooperatively by watching wolves. to me, hunting without a pointing dog is no fun at all.

horses are mans willing servant. no culture has ever risen to greatness without the aid of the horse.