Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Eagle

"It Won't Happen Here"

Add this to the "It won't happen here" file.

Larry...

http://www.freep.com/story/news/2017...uit/347564001/
    "My favorite word is 'The Word'." - Nancy Pelosi

DB, you don't follow the law very thoroughly, do you? You're unaware that it's pretty easy to sue anyone for almost anything? But you're right . . . sharia is just around the corner. Note how the Catholic Church--with 20-some times more adherents in this country than Islam--has been able to make abortion illegal.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Brown View Post
    DB, you don't follow the law very thoroughly, do you? You're unaware that it's pretty easy to sue anyone for almost anything? But you're right . . . sharia is just around the corner. Note how the Catholic Church--with 20-some times more adherents in this country than Islam--has been able to make abortion illegal.
    LOL, classic Larry diversion! It's amazing you even attempt to give these kind of lame responses when you know I'm going to call you on the carpet.

This is a frivolous lawsuit, backed by the Muslim community in order to advance their culture in this country.
    Last edited by DawgByte; May 28th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.

There are no shortage of frivolous lawsuits in this country, DB. You think that's news? The sad part is, you think there's really a threat from that very small slice of our population. Like all other ethnic/religious groups, they're entitled to their culture and their religion . . . as long as there's no conflict with our laws. Mormons (about twice as many of them as Muslims) can be Mormons, but they can't have multiple wives. Islam also permits polygamy . . . but that won't work for them either. Not here.

Eagle
    Yes Larry this Muslim man gets the right to eat non pork products according to his belief system. However, his cultural belief system doesn't give him the right to sue Little Caesar's for serving a standard product that has Pepperoni on it. Instead of being a decent person and throwing it away he's making a statement in the name of Islam.

Larry' if you have your way this "small population" will continue to grow larger and with their track record around the world, will continue to push their Islamic culture on the rest of us. I know you're struggling to figure this out, but Islamic culture is antithetical to both our Constitution and our Western values.

The action of one muslim person does not speak for their entire community. The suit is a fishing expedition, hoping for a payday. That is a pretty common "American" pastime.

That said, if a company states their food meets some standard, it should. The mistake isn't worth much.

No one can slice pepperoni thinner than Little Caesars. I doubt there is an ounce of it on a large pizza.
    Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    LOL, classic Larry diversion! It's amazing you even attempt to give these kind of lame responses when you know I'm going to call you on the carpet.

This is a frivolous lawsuit, backed by the Muslim community in order to advance their culture in this country.
    1. Anyone's response that doesn't buy completely into your theories is "lame."
    2. Why do you think you have called Larry, or anyone, "on to the carpet?" "Calling someone on to the carpet" implies authority over that someone. You have no authority over anyone here; you just bore the s--- out of most of us, liberal and conservative, with your non-stop ranting.
    3. This has nothing to do with advancing Islam - it's a $$$ phishing expedition.

I'd view it as a product mis-lablement. I guess if there was intent to deceive, Well, that's a serious matter. But really, no one in Dearborn, MI, certainly no Illitch franchisee, is going to make any attempt to deceive their muslim neighbors during Ramadan.
    Grab the wrong sausage? Maybe, Wrong box? possibly. But there's too much money at stake in the region.

It's not some grand conspiracy to implement Sharia Law in Dearborn.
    "Chemists make good solutions"

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Brown View Post
    . . . sharia is just around the corner. Note how the Catholic Church--with 20-some times more adherents in this country than Islam--has been able to make abortion illegal.
    Much to the chagrin of many a Minneapolis Muslim - we area a county built on Judeao Christian law already.

https://youtu.be/PfmywzjdtRM
    Ever get the feeling that you've been cheated?

Would we even hear about it if a Jew objected because something advertised as kosher . . . . wasn't? Our traditions stem from the fact that Christians and Jews were the ones who arrived here first. We now have millions of Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus as well . . . among other religions. While they can't force the rest of us to adhere to their traditions, the Constitution does grant them freedom of religion. Which means that if the majority is advertising a product to appeal to a minority religion, then they need to follow the requirements of that religion. Or else don't bother trying to do business with that segment of the population.