Eagle

Let Women be Women

I saw an advertisement for a new stage show 911 which is a salute to those that died on 911. On stage was a woman dancer in a Captains uniform. There were no women pilots to die that day. There were however quite a number of Flight Attendants. I flew for 33 years as an Airline Pilot. The most misunderstood people on the airplane are the Flight Attendants. Sure they are pretty and sure they are young and will serve you drinks. But if something happens on that airplane they are the ones that are going to save your ***. One of American's Flight Attendants coolly called flight operations and told in detail what was happening. It was her information that alerted the world as what was going on. In the 33 years I flew I never saw one lose their cool when things went bad. But to those Prima Donna Broadway gutless pucks apparently being a Flight Attendant is not enough a woman must be a Captain. On 911 the courage was not in the cockpit but in the cabin.

Let women be women and thank God for what they are.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Eagle
    pooch,
    You are so right, the actions of many of those young ladies under fire are beyond belief. In Viet Nam we had some Mash female inlisted Surgical Nurses that were the best in the world, they saved more lives than all the Military Doctors combined, including mine. They never looked for praise of any kind, worked inhuman hours and taught young men how to be Military Surgical Doctors and real men. Ladies like these are often misunderstood especially by liberal hollywood types, they have no idea what these ladies really mean to the world and they never will.

Lee Teter understood these incredible ladies. In his Reflections Painting of the Viet Nam Wall, the man lucky enough to have made it home, has his hand pressed against the Wall, joining his fellow reflective soldiers hand. Just to the right of those men in the picture, is the US Army Surgical Nurse still standing forever on duty watching over both men as part of the wall reflection.

At China Beach during a short stand down, our SF 7 man group attended a dance, one of the plain Army Surgical nurses approached our Commanding Officer and said to him, I know that I am not a beautiful girl, but would you please dance with me, nobody has ask me and I have been here 3 hrs. I will never forget how our CO answered her, "you are the most beautiful lady on earth to me and my men, it would be my honor to dance with you." The Col did and everyone of us in turn danced with her all night long, and when the other female Surgical Nurses joined in, it turned into quite a memory of her.

There are those of us who have ultimate respect for these ladies, I owe my life to one of them.

Let a lady be a lady and thank God for what they are.

RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Eagle
    I am originally from Danvers, Massachusetts, only moving away in 1970 when I was married. I knew Karen Martin and her brothers but my brothers-in-law knew her better, being good friends of her brothers. Karen was always that hot $hit kid sister who would not allow herself to be ditched when the boys all got together.

Karen was the head flight attendant that day on American 11. She is the one who charged the hijackers and fought with them. She was in charge - she was the boss, and she felt a deep sense of responsibility for the safety of her passengers and her co-workers and she'd be damned if she was going to give up without a fight. (Google Karen Martin)

Karen was the one of whom the other flight attendant was talking with the tower about when she described Karen having her throat slashed with a box-cutter and that Karen fought even as she was dying. Karen was the first to die that day.

Face it guys - in so many ways they're better than us.

Eagle
    Bless you guys for speaking out. The gals can be soft and pretty but when the need arises be tough as nails. Stewardesses make great wifes also, every guy I know that married one feels that that was his best move ever. It surprises me sometimes that I didn't marry one but I fell in love with a non flier. After 34 years still think she set the stars in the sky. And she saved my life. I was "dead" in a car wreck. She was beat up but still kept her wits and had me pulled out the truck and positioned me so I could be worked on by the First Responders who got my heart going again. Afterwards I kept trying to die but she wouldn't let anybody let me.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Eagle
    Gentlemen,
    Once you have witnessed the bravery of these kind of ladies, you truly understand why God put them on this earth.

RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.