Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Eagle
    Did anyone hear what kind, type of rifle the shooter was using???? I heard only briefly that it was a 7.62???

If any of you get the opportunity to read: The 2016 Elections and the Demise of Journalistic Standards. It's will worth the read: Michael Goodwin, author. If I can find a link, will post.

"The behavior of much of the media, but especially The New York Times, was a disgrace, I don't believe it ever will recover the public trust it squandered".

Personally: I don't trust the press, period. Most are opinions pieces and if they report {late breaking news}, most is bovine scatalogy, the talking heads always inject there opinion which is usually left.

Many journalists today all want to be a Woodward and Bernstein, find a Deep Throat and bring down a president. Of course most of them only wanted to bring down a Republican president. That's because liberalism is baked into the journalism cake. Look at Pelosi, she can't wait to blame anyone or anything for the shootings at the ball park.
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Eagle
    "Did anyone hear what kind, type of rifle the shooter was using???? I heard only briefly that it was a 7.62??? "

An SKS, and apparently only the top fed clip version instead of a magazine. What I'd like to know is how he kept his FOID card & somehow procured an IL concealed carry when he had domestic disturbance arrests in his past. IL CC is pretty difficult to begin with, and if one has had any bad history, nearly impossible to obtain. Peculiar to say the least.

Eagle
    Ahhh ..... I have looked at 4 different sources all I found was "7.62 rifle and 9 mm handgun." If it was an SKS, it makes sense why he was such a poor marksman. I've owned a couple of them, and they are fun. That said, if I was serious about hitting something in a critical situation - the SKS would not be on my short list. Good thing he was a poor shot, and an idiot.

Eagle
    The FBI released photos of the "rifle" this morning. I saw the news release on FOX news. It sure looked like an SKS.
    B.C.

Eagle
    The FBI released photos of the "rifle" this morning. It sure looked like an SKS. The talking heads did not say it was, they think it is a gun and know no better.
    B.C.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by sd/mt pga pro View Post
    The FBI released photos of the "rifle" this morning. It sure looked like an SKS. The talking heads did not say it was, they think it is a gun and know no better.
    Good eye. Takes a gun enthusiast to see what the idiot journalists cannot. Thx.

Eagle
    The SKS is supposed to be pretty accurate, but the many of the ones sold in the US are a hodge podge of parts and not so accurate.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by pooch View Post
    The SKS is supposed to be pretty accurate, but many of the ones sold in the US are a hodge podge of parts and not so accurate.
    I guess it depends on your definition of accurate. I've owned 2 and shot thousands of rounds thru them. I also have 4 AR-15's and have fired thousands of rounds thru those. In addition to my experience in the Army shooting and using the M-16. Personally, I would take the M-16 or AR-15 anyday over an SKS for critical, precision shooting. The SKS is fun though - and a devastating round when it hits home. As testified by the improved AK.
    Last edited by Ddawg; June 17th, 2017 at 09:57 AM.

Eagle
    I've shot neither, had just been told the SKS was more accurate then a AK 47 but much less accurate then an AR 15
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Given the range that the shootings took place,,,, any rifle is accurate enough to hit close to where it was aimed.

When I learned that the rifle was chambered in 7.62x39,,, I grew more concerned for Steve Scalise. The bullet undoubtedly left a very nasty wound. I hope he can fully recover.
    Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk