Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I've never believed that a high acuracy level trumped the beholder's image of ugly.
    Do not forget pumpkin!

Eagle
    My belief is that he was so excited he was jerking the trigger and not squeezing. Easy to do, particularly so if a gunman training is minimal.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Noell View Post
    Given the range that the shootings took place,,,, any rifle is accurate enough to hit close to where it was aimed.

When I learned that the rifle was chambered in 7.62x39,,, I grew more concerned for Steve Scalise. The bullet undoubtedly left a very nasty wound. I hope he can fully recover.
    I had the same thought, particular with the location of the wound.

Three years ago my friend's son was shot at a FedEx location in Atlanta by a crazed employee. He was hit at point blank range in the abdomen from a shotgun. Fortunately, the idiot shooter used bird shot instead of 00 Buck. That poor young man went through 55+ surgeries over a 2.5 year period. Unfortunately, he'll be living with this to one degree or another for the rest of his life.
    "My favorite word is 'The Word'." - Nancy Pelosi

Eagle
    That is Horrible! Bird shot at close range makes a terrible wound. Is he still crippled or does he have a life.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Eagle
    He's lucky to be alive. But the media is off in fantasy land on firearms again. Last night on Fox one reporter informed us that one of the guns was a 7.62 rifle "easily capable of bringing down an elephant." Who knew?
    Some places remain unknown because no one has ever gone there. Others remain so because no one has ever come back.

I'm sure that poachers and off-beat military types in africa have killed many, many elephants and other large critters with cartridges not found on Taylor's list of KO values....perhaps even a "7.62".

Naturally tho....reporters are unlikely to be aware of either that list or the reality of how little they know of firearms or.....funnel cake.
    Do not forget pumpkin!

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddawg View Post
    Personally, I would take the M-16 or AR-15 anyday over an SKS for critical, precision shooting.
    M1A is better.

Eagle
    I started with the M1 and the M14 came along. I didn't like the M14, it was not tough enough, We tore them up in counter insurgency school just running problems. The mathematics of battle is no different now then it was in Roman times. Trained troops can go 20 miles double time, carry 60 to 80 lbs and arrive ready to fight. Half of the weight is weaponry and half is food, water and clothing. If you are carrying a light gun and light ammunition you can carry more ammunition, have more firepower and can fight better. Possibly carry an extra canteen and have more water to drink. The M16 may look like something from a toy shop, but it's a pretty smart weapon.l

Eagle
    pooch,
    All I can say is thank God this insane individual was not a trained Viet Nam era soldier and that he did not have a Thompson .45 Cal Machine Gun, for true close order combat. Further I do believe that VA & DC both need to start abiding by the 2nd Amendment, instead of making Unconstitutional Laws that limit people's Constitutional freedoms, especially Congressmen and Senator's, that definitely need to go armed every day while doing the peoples business.

All these people are extremely lucky to be alive.

RGD/Dave
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Eagle
    I always wanted a Thompson. When I finally got one I found they were heavier then hell and awkward to use. I don't see how a little guy like Audie Murphy got so good with one. The AK 47 is a hell of a weapon and so is the SKS for that matter both superior in the field to the M14. We ought to pay more attention to the Russians and their weaponry. Those guys know how to fight. They have a machine gun that shoots that antique 7.62x54r is easy to hide and you can change out a hot barrel without tools in a matter of seconds.