Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airplane Repo

Eagle

Airplane Repo

All I do now is watch TV and it's mostly stupid. One of the shows I don't bother to watch is airplane repo because it is so much BS. Back when I was flying, repossessing aircraft for an airline was one of my jobs. 99% of the time the heavy lifting is done by the lawyers and the bankers. All we did was get in and fly it away. Nothing worthy of a TV show. In the 7 years of doing pepos and assorted other things I thought the repo jobs were the easiest and least interesting. Only one time did it get a bit tricky. That was because it was a mid eastern country with a civil war going on, everything was in chaos and everyone was threatening to shoot us. We pulled off one of the best heists ever. The secret to difficult situations is to be nice and ready to bribe generously. I had a buddy that repoed cars and private air planes. He didn't think repoing planes was that tough, repoing cars was much more difficult.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

First Class
    Too bad the guy wasn't storing a bucket of gold in his airplane!

Eagle
    Somethings you just don't want to know about.

I like places where the people consider being bribed is just a matter of doing business. I've never been to Africa, but it sounds a hard place. There they will shoot you for your shoes.
    Last edited by pooch; June 15th, 2017 at 01:57 PM.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by pooch View Post
    . I've never been to Africa, but it sounds a hard place. There they will shoot you for your shoes.
    Same with Detroit....
    gunut

Eagle
    Met a Stew once who was very pretty, well traveled and with a great sense of humor. She told me that once she had been very ill, bed ridden and home sick, in Africa. She looked out the window and saw only black people. She said it made her feel much better. It was like being home in the States and in downtown Detroit

Eagle
    I see Netflix recently removed (or said it was due to expire this month) one of my favorite (though short-lived) shows from their menu, Good Guys. Dallas PD's finest. The best dramady ever.
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.

Eagle
    I used to like Animal Planet especially when the River Monsters was on. That guy is a heck of a fisherman. Unfortunately the rest of the stuff on that channel is lousy. I also like the show about guys catching Tuna. I've always wanted to catch a Tuna but I'm afraid my Tuna is like my Elk, still out there and most likely to stay out there.

Eagle
    I love "Forged in Fire" on the History Channel. Great show.
    JR
    Eagle Scout Dad x 2

Eagle
    "Blue Bloods" has been a favorite of ours for sometime.

I'm about to call and go through the negotiations deal again with Dish Network. I call, threaten to cancel because it is too high, they lower it to $48 for six months, then raise it to $78 again. It's easier to go through the negotiations than to switch companies. Same results.

SRH

Eagle
    Stan, we've found the same thing with Charter Spectrum, our internet provider. We refuse to bundle - only want internet so my wife works out whatever deal they have to be offering and keeps a close watch for when the sneak a rate increase
    "God and Soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before.
    The danger passed and all things righted, God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted."
    Rudyard Kipling

You rush a miracle man, you get lousy miracles.