Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Howdy girls!

Eagle
    Interesting on FB....I would never un-friend anyone once a friend...it appears that the word has a different meaning than that which I apply but, I left Facebook...and despite the positives I found and some, that I miss.
    Quite honestly, it takes too much time and effort to ignore friends on both sides of any political issue and when I also could not avoid comments made in passing from folks I did not know....well, it simply got old trying to work up yet another laugh.

Eagle
    Seems to me FB abuses the term "friend" in their usage of it. Does make it sound accommodating, though.

Shouldn't be very much ways parting, most people should be able to agree Trump comes across as a buffoon. They should likewise agree he was a better choice than Hitlery. What's to argue?
    Bore, n. ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast."

Eagle
    People may argue because they are bad winners, because they are bad losers or because they are concerned about something which is important to their sense of right and wrong....I am as bad with each as anyone.

However, we all have limits or days where limits are dropped darn low.
    I do not use my definition of friend lightly...I hope my past FB "friends" understand the low days and too much effort which side my definition.

Eagle
    If you argue politics with a friend of opposite persuasion You risk losing a friend and will have no impact on the Nation's political direction. So shut up and vote. Our vote is just a drop of water in an ocean, but oceans are made from drops of water. I've worked for politicians but I think that time was mostly wasted. The one thing I feel that I did of value was to be a poll watcher or volunteer for work in overseeing elections, I recommend it highly. Some of these folks that are managing a precinct are dumb, or just plain dishonest and think they can get away with anything. Some of these stunts, like finding a box of ballots that weren't counted is a stunt that is at least 100 years old. Sometimes crooks can steal an election, but they can do so only because there is not oversight. the crooks are not that clever.

Nothing makes for a better election worker, out of a dishonest one, then a talk with a US Marshall.
    Last edited by pooch; July 26th, 2017 at 11:54 AM.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't