Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hi all. Been awhile. Just busy, tis all. Haven't been to Wisconsin in over 15 years. Thinking of maybe going up this Fall. Have new Llewellin pup (Zez - currently 6 months old) joining Sydney (9.5), Zane (5.5) and Cider (2.5)and need lots of wild birds for him. My only reservation is the crowds. But, I'm sure there are plenty of upland hunters in MI & MN. I'm starting my research. Maybe run into some of you fellows on my travels.
    Capt. O. J. Chartrand, Jr.
    “The difference between mere killing and a glorious sport is the manner in which you do it – over thrilling dogs, in magnificent country and with a near-reverence for the game." by GBE

Eagle
    UplandGuide - I couldn't imagine a happier, more loving family than the one you're posed with. Congratulations!

UG, don't let the "crowds" deter you. On weekends, you'll probably run into a lot more guys just riding ATV's in the Wisconsin woods. Plenty of north woods counties with 100,000 acres (or more) of county forest, all open to public hunting. And the counties do quite a bit of logging. (I'm thinking they don't worry so much about environmental impact statements and all the hoops the National Forest people have to jump through before they cut down a tree.) That's in addition to DNR land, and state and national forests.

Eagle
    UG,
    Beautiful picture sir of you and your Ryman Gun Dogs, if you can not get out west, you are welcome to visit us here in Potter County, Pa we still have a few Grouse and Woodcock up here!

RGD/Dave

Pine Creek Ryman Daisy - 2003 -2017 Once in a life time Companion Ryman Grouse Dog.

Pine Creek Ryman Heston - Learning his trade.

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; July 28th, 2017 at 11:05 AM.
    Never worry about what others believe, walk in the way of the Lord.

Appreciate the invite to Potter County, PA. After many years of guiding I'm looking to finally get out with my pups, carry a shotgun and traipse the upland coverts in search of Grouse & Woodcock. So, I'm am looking for new areas to hunt. Thanks. PS. My doggies are Llewellin Setters....hope that doesn't exempt me from Potter County.
    “The difference between mere killing and a glorious sport is the manner in which you do it – over thrilling dogs, in magnificent country and with a near-reverence for the game." by GBE

Eagle
    Upland Guide,

George Ryman Bred Llewelin Setters to his own standard, genetically the same animal with refined breeding for Pa Grouse hunting, both the Llew and the Ryman are incredible gun dogs. Let me know when you have time to make up our way!

RGD/Dave

OK. One season I guided at the RGS "UplandBirdHuntinthePAWilds" over near Kersey. That was my only venture in PA for Grouse and Woodcock. Where are you located?

Eagle
    UG,
    Sorry I was off line, we just purchased a new home and I was and still am extremely busy moving. Our Log Cabin is located in Tioga/Potter County just off Rt #6. Drop me some Private e-mail at Pine-Creek @ live.com and we will set up a time for you to visit and do some Grouse and Woodcock hunting.

RGD/Dave