Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Eagle
    Now that he has resigned, does he still receive all the bennies other ex-senators enjoy?
    B.C.

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by sd/mt pga pro View Post
    Now that he has resigned, does he still receive all the bennies other ex-senators enjoy?
    John Conyers is sending him a new Stuart Smalley Blu Ray set.
    "My favorite word is 'The Word'." - Nancy Pelosi

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Yes, some credit is due here. However, as I accurately pointed out... Democrats do not do things without a political end game in mind. It drives their every thought. FWIW, I've written to the POTUS (Bush I) and sent many emails to both Senators over issues I felt strongly about. I've also called their offices and talked to staff to make them aware of things they may not be tuned into.
    I agree with all you said, but would add, so do Republicans. And Whigs and Libertarians and Know-Nothings and Independents and every other stripe of POLITICIAN. It is what unites them in misdeeds. Where we failed in this country (so far) is creating the professional career politician. It was never meant to be thus. And it's our own (voters) fault.

Quote Originally Posted by pooch View Post
    Pelosi is in a major panic over this Tax bill. The Pelosis have major holdings in real estate and her husband's business is heavily into commercial real estate. Trump is kicking over her honey pot. So ask you, which would you rather have justice for Roy Moore and his sins of 30 years ago or a simpler tax bill you could do yourself?
    Don't kid yourself. Big time commercial real estate tycoons (Trump, maybe?) are NOT going to suffer under the new tax bill. AND...don't hold your breath waiting for simpler. That ain't happening either. It will be different, but not necessarily better (better for some, worse for others). If you make it too simple, you destroy two major industries...tax accountants and tax lawyers. I'm not saying they shouldn't go away, just that they won't.

Eagle
    You are probably right but Nancy sure is doing a lot of screaming.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by pooch View Post
    You are probably right but Nancy sure is doing a lot of screaming.
    It's just what she does. If it wasn't this, it would be something else. She should be screaming about the deficit-building aspects of this bill, but she has no credibility to do so based on her actions when she called the shots.

Eagle
    IMHO: I personally can't stand the guy: But, I do believe he was railroaded....
    "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper."

Eagle
    The Democrats should have learned by now that Trump knows how to play hard ball. Franken was too big a player from a hard Blue state to be casually thrown under the bus. It's just getting started.
    I've done few of the things I said I'd do and about all of the things I said I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Junnie View Post
    IMHO: I personally can't stand the guy: But, I do believe he was railroaded....
    Correct. It was a lynching to cover themselves so they and their media lackeys could pick on Roy Moore if he's elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B. View Post
    Correct. It was a lynching to cover themselves so they and their media lackeys could pick on Roy Moore if he's elected.
    You guys are drawn to a conspiracy theory like a moth to a flame. Franken needed to go because he's a misogynous lout. The only difference between him and Trump/Moore is that he (sorta) owned up to what he did. The media doesn't need Franken as cover for holding a mirror in front of Moore. Ol' Roy has given them plenty of ammunition hisownself.