Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Eagle
    .......but dont the trees seem nice and full?

Thank you, Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Noell View Post
    That must be how the national debt only tripled during Reagan's two terms.
    The Democrats controlled the House for all 8 years of Reagan's presidency. All spending bills start in the House. I guess you missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B. View Post
    The Democrats controlled the House for all 8 years of Reagan's presidency. All spending bills start in the House. I guess you missed it.
    Reagan himself proposed the big tax cuts (and of course, later, the huge tax increase...but everyone forgets that, too), and the huge increases in military spending.

Eagle
    Reagan agreed to the tax increase because the Dems promised to cut spending. Half of those things happened, and .500 is an awesome average in MLB.
    Bore, n. ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast."

Quote Originally Posted by SxS Shooter View Post
    Of course the FBI did not want it released. The memos make them look bad. And Wray is upset over it but he has yet to discredit anything in the Nunes memo. It appears that Wray and the FBI better get used to it.
    Kinda hard to discredit something in public, SxS, if you have to use classified information to do so. People take shots at the Intelligence Community all the time . . . and get a lot of "no comments", because they can't respond without revealing classified information. I belong to an intelligence alumni association called AFIO (Association of Former Intelligence Officers). It was the brain child of a former high ranking CIA officer, David Atlee Phillips. In the wake of Watergate and Vietnam, Phillips got tired of all the BS, retired from the Agency, and started AFIO. The idea being that those still on "active service" are constrained in what they can say. So are those of us who are "formers", but not to the same degree. An excellent example of "formers" responding to cheap shots taken at the IC would be the Senate Intelligence Committee's report--prepared only by the Dem staffers (Dems in control back then--kinda like the Nunes memo but from the other side)--on the CIA's enhanced interrogation program. The result was a very active website: www.ciasavedlives.com. A lot of "fomers" pointing out that the Dem report cherry picked documents . . . while failing to interview any CIA officers who either participated in the program or supervised it. Likewise, several former high ranking IC officials who've served under both Republican and Democratic presidents have taken public issue with some of President Trump's tweets and remarks about the IC. Good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kgb View Post
    What has been the damage so far?
    From what? And to whom? Other than to the FBI's reputation, you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B. View Post
    I guess you missed that each of those budgets required Reagan's signature. He could have made a stand,,,say like when he fired the Air Traffic Controllers, and sent a message, that he was serious. But we both know he was fine with running up the debt.
    Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk

Eagle
    Hell! All of Washington and for more than a century has been fine with running up our debts. There is not one there or who have been there that is excusable.

There is no room for mud slinging by anyone!
    B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by sd/mt pga pro View Post
    Hell! All of Washington and for more than a century has been fine with running up our debts. There is not one there or who have been there that is excusable.There is no room for mud slinging by anyone!
    Actually, during Clinton's second term, we had balanced budgets,,,even modest surpluses. That was part of W's pitch for his tax cuts.
    Give me a dog that will run and a horse that will walk

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Noell View Post
    Actually, during Clinton's second term, we had balanced budgets,,,even modest surpluses. That was part of W's pitch for his tax cuts.
    And argued that it was so under Clinton because at that time SS tax exceeded what was paid out.

Our government didn't grow so large because politicians of any stripe, are dedicated to reducing costly programs and wanton spending.
    B.C.