Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Eagle

Eagle
    Not going outof business... filing for bankruptcy protection under chapter 11. A restructuring they say.
    C Man
    My Blog: Living with Bird dogs
    Life is short
    Quit your job
    Turn off your TV
    Go outside and play.

Eagle
    They have been "going under" for years. And it's not the first time, either. It may be "America's Oldest Gun Company", but it has been sold and resold many times. Right now, their 700 is a fine rifle, and their V3 is a great modern, reliable autoloading shotgun, and economical, as well. They also have the low-cost versions of their "Economy" 870, etc. to compete in the low-end markets. But the market for firearms is fickle, and right now, sales of firearms is slow.

Quote Originally Posted by BobK34 View Post
    They have been "going under" for years. And it's not the first time, either. It may be "America's Oldest Gun Company", but it has been sold and resold many times. Right now, their 700 is a fine rifle, and their V3 is a great modern, reliable autoloading shotgun, and economical, as well. They also have the low-cost versions of their "Economy" 870, etc. to compete in the low-end markets. But the market for firearms is fickle, and right now, sales of firearms is slow.
    We live in a strange world. Whodathunkit? Pro-gun Trump's election tanks the gun/ammo business, and anti-gun Obama was the best thing that ever happened to gun and ammo companies' bottom lines. But once the yahoos convinced themselves that the threat to their arsenals was over, and quit buying ARs by the dozen and ammo by the truckload to bury in their back yards, the gun/ammo business dried up. It would be hard to compete in that environment.

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    We live in a strange world. Whodathunkit? Pro-gun Trump's election tanks the gun/ammo business, and anti-gun Obama was the best thing that ever happened to gun and ammo companies' bottom lines. But once the yahoos convinced themselves that the threat to their arsenals was over, and quit buying ARs by the dozen and ammo by the truckload to bury in their back yards, the gun/ammo business dried up. It would be hard to compete in that environment.
    It's always cyclical. If the Democrats should happen to grab control of even one chamber of the Senate, Trump will start to tweet ("I'm hearing....") about some supposedly rumored Obama/Soros plot to depose the president by force, and he will call upon his supporters to get ready to thwart this terrible threat to democracy. The ammo will be dug up, the ARs - and some AKs - will come out of the safes and the bunkers, and the faithful will fill the gun stores once again - as part of the semi-official Mobilized Angry Graybeard Army.

Eagle
    Meh. The majority of married women who voted against Hillary will make that army straighten right up. It's what you do once you mature.
    Bore, n. ; everybody else's synonym for "shotgun enthusiast."

Eagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Bird View Post
    It's always cyclical. If the Democrats should happen to grab control of even one chamber of the Senate, Trump will start to tweet ("I'm hearing....") about some supposedly rumored Obama/Soros plot to depose the president by force, and he will call upon his supporters to get ready to thwart this terrible threat to democracy. The ammo will be dug up, the ARs - and some AKs - will come out of the safes and the bunkers, and the faithful will fill the gun stores once again - as part of the semi-official Mobilized Angry Graybeard Army.
    I'll give you and High Noon this, Lost Bird. With that post and reply, y'all just gave me great clarity and insight into the ludicrous, obtuse nature of the liberal Democrat mindset. Thank you, I think. JR
    Eagle Scout Dad x 2

Spoken by a trump supporter...which more than cancels out any real 'insight." But thanks, we also learn plenty about you from your posts!
    Last edited by Vaf; February 14th, 2018 at 07:26 AM.

Eagle
    Well, we can call each other names, and make our "bad" inferences, but going back to the original subject, we will have zero effect on Remington's Chapter 11 proceeding!

Eagle
    Remington is nothing more than a holding company anymore.They were once a proud arms manufacturer with traditional American values but that has been over a couple of decades and like I said, is no more than a holding company today - having been severely mis-managed for the last decade.